On to the next one...
05 Mar 2010
I've recently taken a job working with Dr. Winstead in the ECE department at USU. I'm working on a system that detects when horses are distressed so they can get help before they die. You can read more on the project here. The system is based on an AVR+ZigBee module, which is SWEET! So basically I get to play around with electronics and microcontrollers and get paid for it. I'm living the life :-)
One thing I've been able to learn at this new job is PCB design. Below is a picture of my first PCB:
In other news, I'm going to UC Riverside for grad school! I got a 1 year fellowship+stipend in the Electrical Engineering Department. They're also flying me out next week to attend an Open House. Pizza! Sonnie and I are going to Brazil the day after I get home. By the end of Spring Break I will have flown 6 times (not counting layovers). Castaway time!
blog comments powered by Disqus
- GitHub Profile
- Stack Overflow Careers Profile
- Stack Overflow Profile
- G+ Profile
- PGP Public Key
- Rafty -- Ripper and Friggin Transcoder, Y'all
- Make Readme Markdown
- Diffview Mode
- Indent Hints Mode
- Track That Thing
- Co-Founder & CEO of Directangular, LLC.
- Previously: Linux Kernel development for QuIC. Some of my work (a little stale) is available on the Code Aurora Forum, here, here, here, and here.
- My nerd hobby: Creating and contributing to a variety of Open Source projects. See my GitHub profile.