Senior Project Fun
24 Sep 2009
I'm going to document the whole process on this blog, so let's get to it!
First, let me provide a quick run-down of the system I intend to develop:
- The system will fly autonomously
- APIs in C and Python will be developed to control the quadrotor
- The quadrotor will be constrained to vertical motion see below
- Onboard avionics: AVR microcontroller for flight control, MaxBotix sonar rangefinder for altitude estimation, 4 brushless motors (driven by ESCs which will be controlled by the AVR), and an XBee wireless module for the data link to the ground control station.
I just finished building a guide-wire system that the quadrotor will fly on.
The guide-wire system
The actual wire
Sonnie demonstrating the guide-wire system
That's it for now! The avionics shipped from sparkfun today so stay tuned for some zigbee+avr+sonar madness!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus
- GitHub Profile
- Stack Overflow Careers Profile
- Stack Overflow Profile
- G+ Profile
- PGP Public Key
- Rafty -- Ripper and Friggin Transcoder, Y'all
- Make Readme Markdown
- Diffview Mode
- Indent Hints Mode
- Track That Thing
- Co-Founder & CEO of Directangular, LLC.
- Previously: Linux Kernel development for QuIC. Some of my work (a little stale) is available on the Code Aurora Forum, here, here, here, and here.
- My nerd hobby: Creating and contributing to a variety of Open Source projects. See my GitHub profile.